Visa to Cambodia, Laos and Thailand is easier to obtain now, you could apply for visa at the arrival airport, while apply visa to Vietnam and Myanmar is bit more complicated. Mostly, visitors have to apply Visa in advance to enter Myanmar and Vietnam. Below are some information about Visa to these countries.
For more information, please contact one of our Travel Consultants for instant support and worthy travel advisory.
Visitors could apply Laos Visa On Arrival at the arrival international airport in Vientiane & Luang Prabang.
Visa Form is available at the Counter of Immigration right on arrival gate. You need to fill in and get Visa.
The lines for visa are not too long, but if you fill the Visa Form in advance, you don’t have to wait too long at the last of the line.
Download Laos VISA FORM is available here.
Laos Visa is easy to obtain on arrival at all port of entry including the most popular international airports of:
• Wattay International Airport in Vientiane Capital.
• Luang Prabang International Airport in Luang Prabang Province.
• Pakse Internatioanl Airport in Champasak Province.
and Border Checkpoints such as:
– China – Laos Border gate:
• Mohan – Botene , Yunnan to Luang Namtha Province.
– Thailand – Laos Border gate:
• Chiangkhong – Houixay, Chiang Rai to Bokeo Province.
• Nakaxeng – Kaenthao, Loei to Sayabouly Province.
• Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I, Nongkhay-Vientiane Capital.
• Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II, Moukdahan-Savannakhet Province.
• Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge III, Nakorn Phanom-Khammouane Province.
• Chongmek – Vangtao, Ubol Ratchathani to Champasak Province.
– Vietnam – Laos Border gate:
• Nameo – Banleui, Thanh Hoa to Huaphanh Province.
• Lao Bao – Dansavanh, Quang Tri to Savannakhet Province.
– Cambodia – Laos Border gate:
• Dong Calor – Veun Kham, Cambodia to Champasak Province.
WHO CAN GET LAO VISA-ON-ARRIVAL?
Everyone except for citizens of the countries list under “Who cannot get Lao Visa on Arrival” below
WHO CAN’T GET LAO VISA-ON-ARRIVAL?
Travelers holding passports from the following countries are not eligible for Laos visas on arrival: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Jordan, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya (Libyan Arab Jamahiriya), Mozambique, Nauru, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Suriname, Syria (Syrian Arab republic), Swaziland, Tonga, Turkey, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
According to notice No. 1232 issued on 1 October 2009, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lao PDR, nationals on the list above must obtain their visas at Lao Embassies or Lao Consulates abroad before enting Laos. However, there is an exception for those nationals who are on official visits and holding a guarantee from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lao PDR.
– Your original passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity and a blank page for a visa sticker.
– A Visa Application Form, filled out and signed by the applicant (available at visa window at Lao ports of entry or given before landing if you are arriving by plane).
– Two (2) recent passport-type photographs (If you are unprepared (cannot provide the photo) there will be an extra fee (few dollars) for scanning your photograph from your passport, and placing it onto your visa application form).
– Visa fee (in cash).
The cost of Laos Visa depends on which passport you are holding. The price list is on display at the visa counter. If you are citizen of USA, UK or European citizen, the fee is 35 USD, Canadian: 42 USD, Sweden: 31 USD.
Australia and other countries is 30 USD.
Note: On weekends, Lao public holidays, before 8 A.M and after 4 P.M weekdays, there is a $1 over time fee. In addition an entry fee (2,500 Kip or so) may be charged.
* All visa’s fee are payable in cash only (US dollars or Thai baht). For further information, please contact a Travel Consultant.