Visa to Laos. Download Laos Visa Form here
Laos Visa is easy to obtain on arrival at all ports of entry including the most popular international airports of:
• Wattay International Airport in Vientiane Capital.
• Luang Prabang International Airport in Luang Prabang Province.
• Pakse International Airport in Champasak Province.
• Savannakhet International Airport in Savannakhet Province.
and Border Checkpoints such as:
Border China – Laos
• Mohan – Boten , Yunnan to Luang Namtha Province.
Border Thailand – Laos
• Chiangkhong – Houixay, Chiang Rai to Bokeo Province.
• Nakaxeng – Kaenthao, Loei to Sayabouly Province.
• Houi Koln – Nam Ngeun, Nan to Sayabouly Province.
• Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I, Nongkhay-Vientiane Capital.
• Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II, Moukdahan-Savannakhet Province.
• Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge III, Nakorn Phanom-Khammouane Province.
• Chongmek – Vangtao, Ubol Ratchathani to Champasack Province.
Border Vietnam – Laos
• Pang Hok – Tay Trang, Dien Bien Phu to Muang Khua and Luang Prabang.
• Nameo – Banleui, Thanh Hoa to Huaphanh Province.
• Namkan – Nam Can, Nghe An to Xieng Khouang Province.
• Keoneua – Nampao (Lak Sao), Ha Tinh to Bolikhamxay Province.
• Lao Bao – Dansavanh, Quang Tri to Savannakhet Province.
Border Cambodia – Laos
• Dong Calor – Veun Kham, Cambodia to Champasack Province.
Who Can Get Laos Visa-On-Arrival?
Everyone except for citizens of the countries list under “Who cannot get Lao Visa on Arrival” below:
Travelers holding passports from the following countries are NOT eligible for Laos Visas On Arrival: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Jordan, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya (Libyan Arab Jamahiriya), Mozambique, Nauru, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Suriname, Syria (Syrian Arab republic), Swaziland, Tonga, Turkey, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
According to notice No. 1232 issued on 1 October 2009, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lao PDR, nationals on the list above must obtain their visas at Lao Embassies or Lao Consulates abroad before entering Laos. However, there is an exception for those nationals who are on official visits and holding a guarantee from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lao PDR.
– Your original passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity and a blank page for a visa sticker.
– A Visa Application Form, filled out and signed by the applicant (available at visa window at Lao ports of entry or given before landing if you are arriving by plane).
– Two (2) recent passport-type photographs (If you are unprepared (cannot provide the photo) there will be an extra fee (few dollars) for scanning your photograph from your passport, and placing it onto your visa application form).
– Visa fee (in cash). The cost of Laos Visa depends on which passport you are holding. The price list is on display at the visa counter.
Laos Visa-On-Arrival fees
|Fee in US Dollar||Passport Country|
|$30||Australia and other countries|
|$35||USA, UK, and most Europe|
|$40||India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka2|
|Additional $1||For overtime (4:00 PM-8:00 AM)|
On weekends, Lao public holidays, before 8 A.M and after 4 P.M weekdays, there is a $1 over time fee. In addition an entry fee (2,500 Kip or so) may be charged.
* All visa’s fee are payable in cash only (US dollars or Thai baht). For further information, please Contact Laos Travel Consultant.
Pakistan and Sri Lanka: eligible for visa on arrival only if traveling on an official visit and are holding an official letter of guarantee issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Laos
Countries exempted from Laos visa
|Country||Days allowed to stay|
|South Korea||15 days|
My advice is no need to look for Laos Visa Online or Laos E-visa. Once you get to Laos at any entry, you will get Visa On Arrival. Laos country opens its door and welcome you.
Updated by Alan on Oct 2nd 2019