Passports & Visas
You will take responsibility to ensure that you’re in possession of a full passport with the correct validity for your travel destination. Vietnam and other South East Asia countries require a passport that is valid for at least six months following the date of departure from that country.
You will also take responsibility to ensure that you have the required visas to enter or pass through all the countries on your holiday. Visa requirements will vary depending on the nationalities of those who are going to travel, so if you have people in your group with different citizenship please ensure that you have checked the requirements for each person.
Visa requirements are subject to change at any time, so we recommend obtaining up-to-date information from the Government website’s foreign travel advice pages.
Visa to Laos, Cambodia and Thailand is easier to obtain now, you could apply for visa at the arrival airport, while apply visa to Myanmar and Vietnam is bit more complicated. Mostly, visitors have to apply visa in advance to enter Myanmar and Vietnam. Here, you can find passport requirement, visa information including visa exemption, VOA, visa approval letter, e-visa, visa fee, length of stay etc. For more information, please contact one of our Travel Consultants for instant support and worthy travel advisory.
Visitors could apply Laos Visa On Arrival at the arrival international airport in Vientiane & Luang Prabang.
Visa Form is available at the Counter of Immigration right on arrival gate. You need to fill in and get Visa.
The lines for visa are not too long, but if you fill the Visa Form in advance, you don’t have to wait too long at the last of the line.
Download Laos VISA FORM is available here.
Laos Visa is easy to obtain on arrival at all port of entry including the most popular international airports of:
• Wattay International Airport in Vientiane Capital.
• Luang Prabang International Airport in Luang Prabang Province.
• Pakse Internatioanl Airport in Champasak Province.
and Border Checkpoints such as:
– China – Laos Border gate:
• Mohan – Botene , Yunnan to Luang Namtha Province.
– Thailand – Laos Border gate:
• Chiangkhong – Houixay, Chiang Rai to Bokeo Province.
• Nakaxeng – Kaenthao, Loei to Sayabouly Province.
• Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge I, Nongkhay-Vientiane Capital.
• Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge II, Moukdahan-Savannakhet Province.
• Lao-Thai Friendship Bridge III, Nakorn Phanom-Khammouane Province.
• Chongmek – Vangtao, Ubol Ratchathani to Champasak Province.
– Vietnam – Laos Border gate:
• Nameo – Banleui, Thanh Hoa to Huaphanh Province.
• Lao Bao – Dansavanh, Quang Tri to Savannakhet Province.
– Cambodia – Laos Border gate:
• Dong Calor – Veun Kham, Cambodia to Champasak Province.
WHO CAN GET LAO VISA-ON-ARRIVAL?
Everyone except for citizens of the countries list under “Who cannot get Lao Visa on Arrival” below
WHO CAN’T GET LAO VISA-ON-ARRIVAL?
Travelers holding passports from the following countries are not eligible for Laos visas on arrival: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Jordan, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya (Libyan Arab Jamahiriya), Mozambique, Nauru, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Suriname, Syria (Syrian Arab republic), Swaziland, Tonga, Turkey, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
According to notice No. 1232 issued on 1 October 2009, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lao PDR, nationals on the list above must obtain their visas at Lao Embassies or Lao Consulates abroad before enting Laos. However, there is an exception for those nationals who are on official visits and holding a guarantee from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lao PDR.
– Your original passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity and a blank page for a visa sticker.
– A Visa Application Form, filled out and signed by the applicant (available at visa window at Lao ports of entry or given before landing if you are arriving by plane).
– Two (2) recent passport-type photographs (If you are unprepared (cannot provide the photo) there will be an extra fee (few dollars) for scanning your photograph from your passport, and placing it onto your visa application form).
– Visa fee (in cash).
The cost of Laos Visa depends on which passport you are holding. The price list is on display at the visa counter. If you are citizen of USA, UK or European citizen, the fee is 35 USD, Canadian: 42 USD, Sweden: 31 USD.
Australia and other countries is 30 USD.
Note: On weekends, Lao public holidays, before 8 A.M and after 4 P.M weekdays, there is a $1 over time fee. In addition an entry fee (2,500 Kip or so) may be charged.
* All visa’s fee are payable in cash only (US dollars or Thai baht). For further information, please contact a Travel Consultant.
(Updated on 21 May 2022)
Most visitors to Vietnam require a visa to enter the country.
Visas are exempted for the citizens of the countries listed below:
– Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia and Laos (30 day visa).
– Brunei, Myanmar (14 day visa).
– Philippines (21 day visa).
– Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Russia, Denmark and Finland (15 day visa; required to hold a passport valid for at least 6 months on arrival and also must make 30 day pause between two arrivals).
– United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy and Spain (15 day visa)
– Belarus (15 day visa. This visa waiver is valid until 30 June 2020).
– Kyrgyzstan (30 day visa).
– Chilean holders of ordinary passports with a validity of at least six months are subject to a visa-free stay in Vietnam shorter than 90 days.
– Citizens of China, Cuba and North Korea holding normal passports endorsed “for public affairs” do not require a visa for Vietnam.
– APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies are exempted to stay within 60 days without visa.
– Those who directly visit Phu Quoc Island without a visa for up to 30 days. Foreigners and Vietnamese nationals bearing foreign passports who enter Vietnam through an international border gate and then travel to Phu Quoc Island and stay in Phu Quoc less than 30 days will also be granted Vietnam visa exemption. After arriving in Phu Quoc Island, if visitors want to travel to other localities or stay in the island for more than 15 days, the immigration department will be responsible for issuing visas right on the spot.
Vietnam’s visa waiver policy is eligible for passport holders of Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Japan, Russia, South Korea, UK, France, Germany, Italia, Spain. Accordingly, those come from these countries are currently allowed to stay in Vietnam for only 15 days per visit and wait for at least 30 days if you want to apply for the next entry.
So in case citizen from those countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Japan, Russia, South Korea, UK, France, Germany, Italia and Spain) wants to stay in Vietnam for more than 15 days or entry Vietnam more than once in less than 30 days, you should apply for single entry visa 30 days valid or multiple entry visas as other.
Visa Approval Letter processing fee:
1 – One-month Single-entry Visa: 20 USD.
2 – One-month Multiple-entry Visa: 30 USD.
– The above rate does not cover the Visa Stamp Fee, which must be paid at the arrival airport to immigration officers: 25 USD Single Entry or 50 USD Multiple Entry.
I. Vietnam Travel’s Visa Service:
Travelers with Vietnam Travel receive a complimentary Visa Approval Letter to make your trip a little easier! A Travel consultant will prepare the necessary paperwork and send you the letter either by email or fax.
Once you have received your Visa Approval Letter you have two options through which to obtain your Vietnam Visa: To save your time at immigration counter, please print out and fill in the VISA FORM in advance.
Option 1: Take your Vietnam Visa Approval Letter and get the visa stamp at the Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate in (or nearest) your home country.
Option 2: Get your visa on arrival at airports in Vietnam. Visa on arrival is the easiest option, especially if you are pressed for time or have no Vietnamese Embassies in your area. Just bring a copy of your visa approval letter (you may be required to show this when you board the airplane) and a passport size photo. Upon arrival in Vietnam show these forms at the Visa on Arrival counter and pay the immigration officers the stamp fee:
* 25 USD for single entry (<30 days),
* 50 USD for multiple entries up to 90 days,
* 95 USD multiple entries from 90 days to 180 days,
* 135 USD for multiple entries from 180 days to 365 days (cash only).
(Please note that the visa on arrival option is not applicable to Chinese citizens. Chinese citizens will need to get their visa stamp at the Vietnamese Embassy in China before being allowed to enter Vietnam)
Choose the option that suits you best, and then send us the following information:
– Your Name (As printed in your Passport):
– Date of Birth:
– Passport Number:
– Expiration Date:
– Date of Entry:
– Copy of your passport: (scan and e-mail)
We will submit this information to the Vietnam Immigration Office and get your visa approval letter within 3 (three) to 4 (four) business days.
– The Visa On Arrival to Vietnam only works when you arrive by plane to the International Airports of Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon), Hanoi, Danang, Nha Trang.
If you travel via land (boat or drive) from Laos or Cambodia to Vietnam, please have the Visa in advance because service of Vietnam Immigration Offices at Vietnam borders (in Vinh Suong – Chau Doc or in Moc Bai) is complicated and slow.
– Citizen of following countries must pay 40 USD – 90 USD per visa to obtain Vietnam Visa Approval Letter (processing time is from 7 – 10 working days, please check with us for more details):
|UNITED ARAB EMIRATES|
II. E-Visa Service:
An electronic visa (E-visa) is one of visa types issued to foreigners by Vietnamese Immigration Department visa electronic system. Vietnam E-visa is valid for maximum of 30 days, single entry.
Outside Vietnam foreigners who want to enter Vietnam can personally apply for E-visa or through the inviting/ guaranteeing agencies and organizations.
E-visa fee (25 USD) is paid via electronic payment gateway as prescribed by the Immigration Department. The fee will not be refunded in case the applicant is refused to grant e-visa.
Applicants are required to complete a form available on two separate websites (one in Vietnamese and the other in English) run by the Ministry of Public Security. It takes three working days for tourists to find out if their applications have been approved or not, according to the directive. Successful applicants will be able to print off their e-visas to present when they arrive.
Visitors can touch down at any of Vietnam’s eight international airports, including Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City, Noi Bai in Hanoi and Da Nang in the central region. Visitors can also arrive via land at 13 international border gates, and via sea at seven ports across the country.
Conditions for being granted e-visa:
– Outside Vietnam foreigners;
– Holding valid passport;
– Not falling into the cases of suspension from entry prescribed in Article 21 of Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
E-visa holders in Vietnam may be considered to grant new visa if being invited/guaranteed by authority/ organization/ individual in Vietnam in accordance with Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
Foreigners who entry Vietnam must comply with Vietnamese law.
Inviting/guaranteeing foreigners in accordance with Section 1, Article 16, Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam; can be applied through electronic system (click here).
LIST OF COUNTRY THAT ALLOWED E-VISA ISSUING
|9||BIH||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
– Including Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR passport holders
– Not apply to Chinese e-passport holders
|41||MKD||Macedonia The former Yugoslav of|
|45||FSM||Micronesia Federated States of|
|57||PNG||Papua New Guinea|
|75||ARE||United Arab Emirates|
|76||GBR||United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland|
|77||USA||United States of America|
1. All nationalities need to apply for a travel visa, except for nationals from the following countries:
– Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Laos and Vietnam (30 days).
– Thailand, Myanmar, Brunei, Seychelles (14 days).
– Philippines (21 days).
2. Visa to Cambodia can be applied at ports of entry whether you come by air or by land.
Travelers are required to show your photo (3x4cm) and their valid passport. The Government Immigration distributes application forms upon arrival.
– If you arrive by air at Phnompenh International Airport or Siem Reap International Airport, it is very simple and just takes you few minutes to get visa done. The fee is 35 USD for a 30 day visa (Cash only).
– Obtaining a Cambodian visa is also possible at the Poit Pet border gate with Thailand (When you drive in from Thailand).
– From Vietnam you can enter to Cambodia via few border gates: Kaam Samnor in Prey Veng-Kandal Province or Vinh Suong at Chau Doc (Mostly people come by boat), Prek Chak in Kampot Province or Xa Xia at Ha Tien, Bavet in Svay Rieng Province or Moc Bai at Tay Ninh when you drive from Ho Chi Minh City.
A visa on arrival valids for a thirty-day stay. Visas can be extended at the Immigration Department in Phnom Penh City. A free visa (K) is expressly granted to the Cambodian living overseas.
3. Cambodia E-visa is now also available.
– All you have to do is complete the online application form available at the official website, pay by credit card online, and include uploading a recent passport-size photo in JPEG/ PNG format. The visa will be approved within three business days, allowing you to breeze by that lengthy line and get a jump-start on your holiday.
– The Cambodia e-visa, valid for a thirty-day stay, is available only for a typical tourist visa for a single entry. It is currently not available for nationals from Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Arab Saudi, Algeria, Sudan (it means citizens of these countries must obtain visa at embassy). For a business visa, please apply at your nearest embassy or on arrival at all major check points.
– Tourists getting such a visa online can enter and exit Cambodia through Phnom Penh International Airport, Siem Reap International Airport, Sihanoukeville International Airport, Bavet International Border Checkpoint in Svay Rieng, Cham Yeam International Border Checkpoint in Koh Kong, Poipet International Border Checkpoint in Banteay Meanchey, and Tropaeng Kreal Border Post Stung Treng.
1. E-visa Online System is currently available to tourists from 100 countries and Taiwan.
2. You will be required the following information when apply Tourist E-visa to Myanmar:
(a) Your passport validity must have at least (6) months.
(b) You have to upload one COLOR PHOTO (4.8 cm X 3.8 cm) taking during last (3) months.
(c) You will need your Visa, Master or American Express credit cards for the payment of 50 USD (normal process) or 56 USD (express process).
3. Visa processing information
(a) The validity of E-Visa approval letter is 90 days from the issued date. If it is expired, entry will be denied.
(b) Length of stay is (28) days from the date of arrival in Myanmar.
(c) E-Visa service is non refundable.
(d) You will receive an email acknowledgement within 1 hour after successful payment.
(e) The processing time is upto (3) working days.
4. If the applicant has child(ren) under (7) years old on the same passport, you have to put the name of that child, date of birth in the minor section of the application form.
5. Tourists must stay in registered hotels, motels, inns, guest house and resort during your stay in Myanmar.
6. The applicant should complete individual personal data whether passenger is FIT or package tour.
7. E-Visa is only valid for a single entry. Re-entry will require a new visa.
8. Currently passengers with e-Visa are only permitted to enter via following ports:
(a) Yangon International Airport
(b) Mandalay International Airport
(c) Nay Pyi Taw International Airport
(d) Tachileik Land Border Checkpoint
(e) Myawaddy Land Border Checkpoint
(f) Kawthaung Land Border Checkpoint
(g) Tamu Land Border Checkpoint
(h) Rih Khaw Dar Land Border Checkpoint
We will announce other port of entry in due course.
9. If you are visiting Myanmar via cruise, please contact our travel consultant for Pre-arrangement Visa on Arrival. You will not be able to use E-Visa to enter Myanmar via seaport.
10. If the decision is not allowed to entry, you may return by the same flight.
11. Ordinary passport holders from the following countries are giving visa exemption for 14 days.
(d) Japan (30 days)
(g) Singapore (30 days)
(h) South Korea (30 days)
(i) Thailand (by air via Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw or Mandalay only)
Japan, Korea Republic, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China and Macau Special Administrative Region of China tourists get visa exemption until 30th Sep 2020.
12. Passport holder from the following countries and Taiwan are eligible to apply E-Visa:
|No.||Country Name||No.||Country Name|
|46.||Italy||96.||United States of America|
EMBASSIES OF MYANMAR ABROAD.
22 ARKANA STREET , YARRALUMLA CANBERRA A.C.T. 2600, AUSTRALIA.
Tel: (61-2) 62733811, 62733751
Fax: (61-2) 62734357
|132, SATHORN NUA ROAD, BANGKOK 10500|
Tel: (662) 234-4698, 233-7250, 234-0320, 637-9406
Fax: (662) 236-6898
|HOUSE NO.3, BLOCK-NE(L), ROAD NO. 84, GULSHAN-2, DHAKA|
Tel: (88-02) 989 6331, 989 6298, 989 6373
Fax: (88-02) 8823740
|BOULEVARD GINERAL WASHIS 9,l030, BRUSSELS.|
Tel: 32 2 701 93 80 – 81
Fax: 32 2 705 50 48
|SHIS-QI 13, CONJUNTO 08, CASA 09 LAGOSUL, CEP 71635-080, BRASILIA-DF|
Tel: 32 2 701 93 80 – 81
Fax: 32 2 705 50 48
|NO. 14 LOT 2185/46292 SIMPANG 212 JALAN KAMPONG RIMBA GADONG 3385, POST CODE – BE-3119 P.O. BOX 1309, POST OFFICE GADONG 3113|
Tel: (673-2) 450506, 450507
Fax: (673-2) 451008
|181 PREAH NORDOM BOULEVARD BOEUNG KENG KANG 1, KHAN CHAMCCARMON, PHNOM PENH KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA|
Tel: (855-23) 213664
|SANDRINGHAM BUILDING, 85 RANGE ROAD, SUITE 902-903, ONTARIO KIN 8J6|
Tel: (613) 232-6434,
Fax: (613) 232-6435
|No. 6, Dong Zhi Men Wai Street Chaoyang District, Beijing , 100600|
Tel: (0086) (10) 6532 1425, 6532 1584, 65320714, 6532 1488, 6532 1624
Fax: (0086) (10) 6532 1344
|NO. 24, MOHAMED MAZHAR STREET ZAMALEK, CAIRO|
Tel: (202) 735 4176, 735 1568
Fax: (202) 736 6793
|NO. 60, RUE DE COURCELLES 75008 PARIS|
Tel: (33-1) 42 25 56 95
Fax: (33-1) 42 56 49 41
|THIELALLEE 19, 14195 BERLIN – DAHLEM|
Tel: (0049 30) 206 1570
Fax: (0049 30) 206 15720, 84418390
|NO. 10, SKOUZE STREET, PIRAEUS, GR 185 36|
Tel: 301-452 6026
Fax: 301-452 4920
|RM 2401-2405 & 2436-2440, SUN HUNG KAI CENTRE, 30 HARBOUR ROAD, WANCHAI|
Tel: (852) 2827 9843
Fax: (852) 2827 6597
|3/50 F, NYAYAMARG, CHANAKYAPURI NEW DELHI 110021|
Tel: (009111) 6889007,6889008
Fax: (009111) 6877942
|109, JL. HAJIAGUS SALIM, MENTENG, JAKARTA PUSAT|
Tel: (62 21) 327 684
Fax: (62 21) 327 204
|HOUSE NO. 273, STREET NO.6, F-10/3,ISLAMABAD|
Tel: (0092) (51) 211 4148
Fax: (0092) (51) 211 4148
|12th, TEXTILE CENTER BUILDING NO.2, KUFMAN STREET, TEL- AVIV, 68012|
Tel: (972) (3) 51707060, 5163364
Fax: (972) (3) 5163512
|VIALE GIOACCHINO ROSSINI, NO 18, Int 2, 1st FLOOR 00198|
|8-26, 4-CHOME, KITA-SHINAGAWA, SHINAGAWA-KU TOKYO 140-0001|
Tel: (81) (03) 3441-9292, 3441-9293,3441-9294, 3441-9029, 3441-9044
Fax: (81) (03) 3447-7394
|Tel: 00 91 33 – 2227 55 22/ 2227 55 25|
Fax: 00 91 33 – 2227 55 23
|723-1, 724-1, HANNAM-DONG YONGSAMN-KU, SEOUL, 140-210|
Tel: (82-2) 796-9858, 796-7814
Fax: (82-2) (82-2) 796-5570
|No. 99 YING BIN LU, GUAN DU QU, KUNMIN, 650214|
Tel: (86) (871) 8162810
Fax: (86) (871) 81 62805
|LAO-THAI ROAD, WATNAK VILLAGE,SISATTANAK DISTRICT, P.O.BOX NO.11, VIENTIANE, LAO P.D.R.|
Tel: (856) (21) 314911
Fax: (856) (21) 314913
|CHARLES DE GAULLE AVENUE DEBAHY CENTER, 7th FLOOR SIN EL FIL, BEIRUT, P.O. BOX 11-0346 BEIRUT, LEBANON.|
Tel: (9611) 485375, 485377
Fax: (9611) 502974
|No. 8(C), JALAN AMPANG HILLIR, 55000, KUALA LUMPUR|
Tel: (603) 4251 5595, 42514455, 4251 6355
Fax: (603) 4251 3855, 4251 3535
|NAKKHU HEIGHT, WARD NO. 4/GASAINBU BHAISEPATI, LALITPURKATHMANDU, NEPAL. GPO BOX.2437|
Tel: (0097) (1) 521788, 524788
Fax: (0097) (1) 523402
|10 EAST 77th STREET, NEW YORK, N.Y.1005, U.S.A|
Tel: (1) (212) 744-1475, 744-1279
Fax: (1) (212) 744-1290
|8th FLOOR, GERVASIA CORPORATECENTRE, 152 AMORSOLO STREET,LEGASPI VILLAGE, MAKATI CITY, METROMANILA|
Tel: (0063-2) 812-3644
Fax: (0063-2) 892-8866
|41. UL. B. NIKITSKAYA (GERTSENA), MOSCOW|
Tel: (007) (095) 291 05 34
Fax: (007) (095) 956 31 86
|KNEZA MILOZA 72, BELGRADE 11000|
Tel: (381) (11) 3619-114
Fax: (381) (11) 3614-968
|15, St MARTIN’S DRIVE, SINGAPORE 257996|
Tel: (0065) 7351672, 7356576
Fax: (0065) 7356236
|SOUTH AFRICA||SRI LANKA|
|210, LEYDS STREET, ARCADIA, PRETORIA PO BOX 12121 QUEENSWOOD 0121|
Tel: (27-12) 341 2557
Fax: 27-12 341 2553
|4(A),ROSMEAD AVENUE,ROSMEAD PLACE, COLOMBO 7(94) (1) 2696 440, 2672 014|
Tel: (94) (1) 2696 440, 2672 014
Fax: (94) (1) (0094-11) 2682 052
|47, AVENUE BLANC, 1202 GENEVA|
Tel: (0041-22) 906 98 71
Fax: (0041-22) 732 89 19
|BARONIELAAN 59 48 18 PC BREDA, THE NETHERLANDS|
Tel: 0031 76 565 4870
Fax: 0031 76 531 7327
|CETIN EMEC BUL VARI, 7 CADDE 55/4, ANKARA, TURKEY|
Tel: (90 312) 472 5078, (MOBILE) 90 533 459 4275(9611) 485375, 485377
Fax: (90 312) 472 5016, 496 1376
|19A, CHARLES St, LONDON W1J 5DX|
Tel: 020 7499 4340, 7493 7397
Fax: 020 7409 7043, 7493 9649
|UNITED STATES OF AMERICA||VIETNAM|
|2300 S St. N.W. WASHINGTON D.C 20008|
Tel:(202) 332-4350, 332-4352
Fax : (202) 332-4351
|298A, KIM MA STREET, HANOI|
Tel: (84-24) 38232056
Fax: (84-24) 38452404
1. Generally, a foreign citizen who wishes to enter the Kingdom of Thailand is required to obtain a visa from Royal Thai Embassy or apply visa on arrival. However, nationals of certain countries do not require a visa if they meet visa exemption requirements as follows:
(a) they are nationals of countries which are exempted from visa requirements when entering Thailand for tourism purposes. Such nationals will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for a period of not exceeding 30 days.
(b) they are nationals of countries which hold bilateral agreements with Thailand on the exemption of visa requirements.
2. For more information, please see Summary of Countries and Territories entitled for Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival to Thailand in the table as below:
15 = Can enter 15 days as tourists (Visa on arrival)
30 = Can enter 30 days as tourists
0 = Must apply for visa before travelling to Thailand.
|Albania : People’s Republic of Albania||0||Lithuania : Republic of Lithuania||15|
|Andorra : Principality of Andorra||15||Luxembourg : Grand Duchy of Luxembourg||30|
|Antigua and Barbuda||0||Macau SAR||30|
|Argentina : Argentina Republic||90||Malawi : Republic of Malawi||0|
|Armenia : Republic of Armenia||0||Malaysia||30|
|Australia : Commonwealth of Australia||30||Maldives : Republic of Maldives||15|
|Austria : Republic of Austria||30||Mali : Republic of Mali||0|
|Azerbaijan : Republic of Azerbaijan||0||Malta : Republic of Malta||15|
|Bahamas : Commonwealth of the Bahamas||0||Mauritania : Islamic Republic of Mauritania||0|
|Bahrain : State of Bahrain||30||Mauritius||15|
|Barbados||0||Mexico : United Mexican States||0|
|Belarus : Republic of Belarus||0||Moldova : Republic of Moldova||0|
|Belgium : Kingdom of Belgium||30||Monaco : Principality of Monaco||30|
|Bhutan : Kingdom of Bhutan||15||Morocco : Kingdom of Morocco||0|
|Bolivia : Republic of Bolivia||0||Myanmar : The Union of Myanmar||0|
|Botswana : Republic of Botswana||0||Nauru : Republic of Nauru||0|
|Brazil : Federative Republic of Brazil||30||Netherlands : Kingdom of the Netherlands||30|
|Brunei : Brunei Darussalam||30||New Zealand||30|
|Bulgaria : Republic of Bulgaria||15||Niger||0|
|Burkina Faso : Republic of Burkina Faso||0||Norway : Kingdom of Norway||30|
|Burundi : Republic of Burundi||0||Oman : Sultanate of Oman||30|
|Cameroon : Federal Republic of Cameroon||0||Pakistan||0|
|Canada||30||Panama : Republic of Panama||0|
|Cape Verde : Republic of Cape Verde||0||Papua New Guinea : Indep. State of||15|
|Central African Republic||0||Paraguay : Republic of Paraguay||0|
|Chad : Republic of Chad||0||Peru : Republic of Peru||30|
|Chile : Republic of Chile||30||Philippines : Republic of the Philippines||30|
|China : People?s Republic of China||15||Poland||30|
|Colombia : Republic of Colombia||0||Portugal : Republic of Portugal||30|
|Congo : Democratic Republic of the Congo||0||Qatar : State of Qatar||30|
|Costa Rica : Republic of Costa Rica||0||Romania||15|
|Cote d’Ivoire : Republic of Cote d’Ivorie||0||Russian Federation||30|
|Croatia : Republic of Croatia||0||Rwanda : Republic of Rwanda||0|
|Cyprus : Republic of Cyprus||15||S.Christopher and Nevis||0|
|Czech : Czech Republic||30||Saint Lucia||0|
|Denmark : Kingdom of Denmark||30||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||0|
|Djibouti : Republic of Djibouti||0||San Marino : Republic of San Marino||15|
|Dominica : Commonwealth of Dominica||0||Saudi Arabia : Kingdom of Saudi Arabia||15|
|Dominican Republic||0||Senegal : Republic of Senegal||0|
|Ecuador : Republic of Ecuador||0||Seychelles : Republic of Seychelles||0|
|Egypt : Arab Republic of Egypt||0||Sao Tome and Principe : Dem. Rep. of||0|
|Equatorial Guinea : Rep. of Equatorial Guinea||0||Sierra Leone : Republic of Sierra Leone||0|
|Estonia : Republic of Estonia||30||Singapore : Republic of Singapore||30|
|Ethiopia : The Federal Dem. Rep. of Ethiopia||15||Slovak Republic||30|
|Fiji : Republic of Fiji||15||Slovenia : Republic of Slovenia||30|
|Finland : Republic of Finland||30||Solomon Islands||0|
|France : French Republic||30||Somalia : Somali Democratic Republic||0|
|Gabon : Gabonese Republic||0||South Africa : Republic of South Africa||30|
|Gambia : Republic of Gambia||0||Spain : Kingdom of Spain||30|
|Georgia||0||Suriname : Republic of Suriname||0|
|Germany : Federal Republic of Germany||30||Swaziland : Kingdom of Swaziland||0|
|Greece : Hellenic Republic||30||Sweden : Kingdom of Sweden||30|
|Grenada : State of Grenada||0||Switzerland : Swiss Confederation||30|
|Guatemala : Republic of Guatemala||0||Taiwan||15|
|Guinea : Republic of Guinea||0||Tajikistan : Republic of Tajikistan||0|
|Guinea-Bissau : Republic of Guinea Bissau||0||Tanzania : United Republic of Tanzania||0|
|Haiti : Republic of Haiti||0||Togo : Republic of Togo||0|
|Honduras : Republic of Honduras||0||Tonga : Kingdom of Tonga||0|
|Hong Kong SAR||30||Republic of Trinidad and Tobago||0|
|Hungary : Republic of Hungary||30||Tunisia : Republic of Tunisia||0|
|Iceland : Republic of Iceland||30||Turkey : Republic of Turkey||30|
|India : Republic of India||15||Turkmenistan||0|
|Indonesia : Republic of Indonesia||30||Tuvalu||0|
|Ireland : Republic of Ireland||30||Uganda : Republic of Uganda||0|
|Israel : State of Israel||30||Ukraine||15|
|Italy : Republic of Italy||30||United Arab Emirates||30|
|Jamaica||0||UK of Great Britain and N. Ireland||30|
|Japan||30||United States of America||30|
|Kazakhstan : Republic of Kazakhstan||15||Uruguay : Oriental Republic of Uruguay||0|
|Kenya : Republic of Kenya||0||Uzbekistan : Republic of Uzbekistan||15|
|Kiribati : Republic of Kiribati||0||Vanuatu : Republic of Vanuatu||0|
|Korea (South) : Republic of Korea||30||Vatican City State||0|
|Kuwait : State of Kuwait||30||Venezuela : Republic of Venezuela||0|
|Kyrgyz : Kyrgyz Republic||0||Western Samoa : Independent State of||0|
|Latvia : Republic of Latvia||15||Vietnam||30|
|Laos||30||Yemen : Republic of Yemen||0|
|Lesotho : Kingdom of Lesotho||0||Zambia : Republic of Zambia||0|
|Liberia : Republic of Liberia||0||Zimbabwe||0|
|Liechtenstein : Principality of Liechtenstein||30|
3. To apply for a visa, a foreigner must possess a valid passport or travel document that is recognised by the Royal Thai Government and comply with the conditions set forth in the Immigration Act of Thailand B.E.2522 (1979) and its relevant regulations. In addition, the visa applicant must be outside of Thailand at the time of application. The applicant will be issued with a type of visa in accordance to his or her purpose of visit.
4. In general, applicants are required to apply for a visa in person. However, Royal Thai Embassies and Royal Thai Consulates-General in some countries and in some cases may also accept applications sent through representatives, authorised travel agencies or by post. Please enquire at the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General where you intend to submit your application of acceptable ways of application.
5. Please note that the period of visa validity is different from the period of stay. Visa validity is the period during which a visa can be used to enter Thailand. In general, the validity of a visa is 3 months, but in some cases, visas may be issued to be valid for 6 months, 1 year or 3 years. The validity of a visa is granted with discretion by the Royal Thai Embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General and is displayed on the visa sticker.
6. On the other hand, the period of stay is granted by an immigration officer upon arrival at the port of entry and in accordance with the type of visa. For example, the period of stay for a transit visa is not exceeding 30 days, for a tourist visa is not exceeding 60 days and for a non-immigrant visa is not exceeding 90 days from the arrival date. The period of stay granted by the immigration officer is displayed on the arrival stamp. Travellers who wish to stay longer than such period may apply for extension of stay at offices of the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok, located at Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 or at an Immigration office located in the provinces.
7. Requirements for Tourist Visa On Arrival to Thailand:
(a) Hold the citizenship of a country on the list issued by the minister under the consent of the Council of Ministers of Thailand.
(b) Aim to enter Thailand for tourism for the period of not exceeding 15 days.
(c) Submit one headshot photo taken no longer than 6 months.
(d) Does not fall into the category of aliens prohibited from entering Thailand under the Immigration law.
(e) Possess the return ticket (flight) within 15 days. Open tickets do not qualify. Travelling overland out of Thailand by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar, etc is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.
(f) Truthfully notify the verifiable places to stay in Thailand.
(g) Present evidence of adequate finance, not less than 10,000 Baht (250US$) per person and 20,000 Baht (500US$) per family.
(h) Possess a passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months.
(i) A fee of 2,000 THB is payable upon entry and is subject to change without notice. It must be paid in cash and Thai currency only.
8. List of Thailand’s Immigration Checkpoints which provide facilities for issuance of visa on arrival:
• Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok
• Don Muang International Airport, Bangkok
• Chiangmai International Airport, Chiangmai
• Phuket International Airport, Phuket
• Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
• U Tapao Airport, Rayong
• Mae Sai Immigration Checkpoint, Chiengrai
• Chieng Saen Immigration Checkpoint, Chiengrai
• Chieng Khong Immigration Checkpoint, Chiengrai
• Betong Immigration Checkpoint, Yala
• Sadoa Immigration Checkpoint, Songkhla
• Samui Airport, Surat Thani
• Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint
• Bangkok Harbour Immigration Checkpoint, Bangkok
• Sri Racha Immigration Checkpoint, Chonburi
• Mabtaput Immigration Checkpoint, Rayong
• Nong Khai Immigration Checkpoint, Nong Khai
• Samui Immigration Checkpoint, Surat Thani
• Phuket Immigration Checkpoint, Phuket
• Satun Immigration Checkpoint, Satun
• Krabi Immigration Checkpoint, Krabi
• Songkhla Harbour Immigraion Checkpoint, Songkhla
• Chiangrai Airport Immigration Checkpoint, Chiangrai
• Surat Thani Airport Immigration Checkpoint, Surat Thani
• Sattahip Habour Immigration Checkpoint, Chonburi
• Khlong Yai Immigration Checkpoint, Trat
• Pong Nam Ron Immigration Checkpoint, Chanthaburi
• Aranyaprathet Immigration Checkpoint, Sakaeo
• Mukdahan Immigration Checkpoint, Mukdahan
• Tak Immigration Checkpoint, Tak
• Padang Besar Immigration Checkpoint, Songkhla
• Su-ngai Kolok Immigration Checkpoint, Narathiwat
• Nong Khai Immigration Checkpoint, Nong Khai
• Bueng Kan Immigration Checkpoint, Bueng Kan
• Phibun Mangsahan Immigration Checkpoint, Ubon Ratchathani
• Tha Li Immigration Checkpoint, Loei
• Nakhon Phanom Immigration Checkpoint, Nakhon Phanom
• Nan Immigration Checkpoint, Nan
• Ban Prakob Immigration Checkpoint, Songkhla
• Khuan Don Immigration Checkpoint, Satun
• Tak Bai Immigration Checkpoint, Narathiwat
• Bukit Tal Immigration Checkpoint, Narathiwat
• Samut Prakan Checkpoint, Samut Prakan
• Kanchanaburi Land Border Checkpoint, Kanchanaburi
• Prachup Khiri Khan Checkpoint at Hua Hin Airport, Prachup Khiri Khan
• Phusing Land Border Checkpoint, Sisaket
• Satun Checkpoint at Koh Lipe Marine Port, Satun
• Trang Airport, Trang.